In This Article we talk about How Is Hotel Management a Good Career Option? If we count the big employment sectors around the world, then one name of hotel management course definitely comes in it. Because in the last few years there has been a lot of growth in the field of hotel management. Hotel management is directly linked to tourism and hospitality. In such a situation, the more tourists come to the country, the more the hotel management industry gets a boost.
This is the reason that after the Commonwealth Games held in India in the year 2010 and the World Cricket Cup in 2011, there is immense potential in this field. Due to the increasing globalization, the career prospects in this industry are not limited to the country only, but today there are many hotel chains, which are working at the international level. This has opened up career avenues in foreign countries as well.
In such a situation, in view of the immense job opportunities in this industry, now there are many courses related to this and many institutes which conduct these courses. Now almost every university also offers hotel management course.
What is Hotel Management?
Courses like medical, engineering, management, hotel management is also a course, after completing it related to hotel management like operations, front office, housekeeping, food and beverage, accounting, engineering, maintenance, sales and security etc. You can make your golden career in many fields. After doing hotel management course, you are appointed in many posts of these departments. The scope of hotel management is huge. In this, you can proceed with any option according to your interest.
Eligibility for Hotel Management
To take admission in any course, some essential qualifications have to be fulfilled, same is the case with hotel management course. If you go to enroll for hotel management course in any institute, then the eligibility for that is different.
- To take admission in diploma course, the candidate must have passed 10th and 12th.
- To get a Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, a candidate must be 12th pass.
- To take admission in post-graduation, a candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline.
- There are many institutes that select students on the basis of All India Admission Test and Interview. Where their intelligence, general knowledge, general science and English ability are tested.
Various Courses in Hotel Management
Diploma in Hotel Management is a one year course. For this, hotel management diploma course can be done in various subjects.
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Services
- Diploma in Front Office
- Diploma in Food Production
- Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery
- Diploma in House Keeping
Like all other bachelor’s degrees, a degree can also be obtained from hotel management course. It requires a complete course of 3 years.
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management in Food and Beverage
Post Graduation/Diploma in Hotel Management is for a duration of 2 years.
- Master of Hotel Management
- Master of Business Administration in Hospitality Management
- Master of Business Administration in Hotel Management
Hotel Management Scope
After doing a course in hotel management, many options open in front of you. If you want, you can earn good salary by doing management, marketing and kitchen work anywhere. One can also start work as a Management Trainee in the Hotel and Hospitality Industry.
Apart from this, a Hotel Management graduate can be found in many other fields like Hotel & Restaurant Management, Club Management, Airline Catering & Cabin Services, Guest House, Institutional Management (Colleges, Schools, Factories, Company Guest Houses etc.), Railways, Banks, Armed Forces, You can get a job in the catering departments of shipping companies etc. You can also open your own event management company by doing a hotel management course.
Salary After Hotel Management
After doing hotel management course, you can earn from 10 to 15 thousand rupees per month as a trainee. After this, along with experience, your salary will also increase. You can earn from one lakh to one and a half lakh rupees a month by having a job abroad and staying on a good post in a five star hotel. However, there is no salary limit for this.
Entrance Exam for Hotel Management
In order to take admission in hotel management courses in big and good colleges across the country, candidates also have to go through an entrance exam.
Entrance Exam for Diploma Level
- AIHMCT WAT
- AIMA UGAT
- BIT MESRA HOTEL MANAGEMENT EXAM
- BVP CET
Entrance Exam for Graduation Level
- AIMA UGAT
- AIHMCT WAT
- BVP CET
- TDE HMCT
- JET ENTRANCE EXAM
Entrance Exam for Post Graduation
- UPSC MAT
Large educational institutes across the country for hotel management courses
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition, Pusa, New Delhi
- Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition, Chandigarh, Punjab
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Applied Nutrition, Kolkata, West Bengal
- International Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Welcome Group Graduates School of Hotel Administration, Manipal
- Institute of Hotel Management, Goa
- Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bhuveshwar
- Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow
India is second only to China in terms of development of the hotel industry in the Asia Pacific region. According to a report, due to the growing business of the tourism sector in India, the hotel industry will reach the third place in the world in the coming ten years. In such a situation, if you also want to make a career in the hotel management industry and want other information related to it. So do comment us in the comment box below.
We hope that you will like this “Is Hotel Management a Good Career Option?” information given by us. Please share this information further. If you have any question or suggestion related to this, then definitely let us know in the comment box.