Friends, engineering is currently the most chosen field in terms of career. Talking about engineering, there are many branches in it, as you must have heard many other names like Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering etc. Computer Science Engineering is also a very popular branch in engineering. Students who are interested in computer, they choose Computer Science Engineering in engineering field.
Nowadays computers are used in every field, and the IT sector is anyway a very fast emerging and very important sector, and there is a lot of demand for computer science engineers in it.
In such a situation, many students who are studying computer science engineering or who think of studying computer engineering, often the question comes in their mind that how much is the salary in computer science engineering?
Today, In this article we talk about how to get 50LPA salary in Computer Science Engineering
Some Important Point to Get High Salary in Engineering
Below, I am mentioning some points which are quite true from the point of view of Indian industrial ecosystem. Besides, everything has exceptions. Here, I am trying to mention only some general points that how to get high (50LPA) salary in Computer Science Engineering.
- Software engineers are paid a lot more than other engineers. IT services is a fast growing industry in India and you are likely to get a better job if you are from computer science background.
- Companies in India are highly biased when it comes to college. Some companies don’t care about college, but most do. Having a good institute name (IIT, NIT, etc.) helps a lot. Not only do you gain a brand name, but you can also take advantage of alumni influence.
- Good software companies don’t care how many years of experience you bring to the table. Most of them care about your ability to learn new things and move fast. You should be able to prove it by showcasing the latest skills. For example, if you are a PHP developer, you are likely to get paid less than a Python developer. Having Python on your resume shows that you care about taking on new skills. This is precisely the reason why machine learning engineers make more money than ordinary web/android developers.
- Resume quality says a lot about you. Companies don’t expect a software engineer to produce the highest quality, most beautiful resumes. However, if you are making typos in your resume, it clearly shows that you are careless. If you can’t take 30 minutes to proof-check your resume, you’re definitely going to be negligent in your work. Companies hate it. Unless you work in a company where packages are completely fixed, your resume will definitely be one of the factors that will decide your salary. Good resume means more salary.
- Prepare for the interview. Anonymous has already highlighted this point in this answer. I can not agree more. You have built a wonderful large scale machine learning application. Brilliant. But what do I do with it? How do I trust you that you made it and not your colleague? Also, the application may be wonderful, but it has nothing to do with my company’s work. So, I will definitely evaluate you by conducting an interview. If you are unable to clear my interview, I don’t care whether you have created the next Facebook or not. I need to hire someone to set up my company. I’m not hiring anyone to build another Facebook for me and, therefore, you have to clear my company’s hiring bar.
- Skills that are not common in the market pay a lot. Being the best Android developer in India you will not be hired at Tower Research. Firstly, Android app development is not what they do; Secondly, there is no dearth of good Android Developers in the market. You need to be in the niche segment to get paid well. If your employer struggles to find a replacement for you, you can certainly earn your salary.
Overall, the summary is that to get paid well you need to be in a niche segment that is growing fast.
Computer Science Engineer Salary Depends Upon Below Factors
- In which field of industry you are working – Computer Engineer is needed in many different industries. Your salary also depends on the industry you join as a computer engineer. In areas like software development, networking, computer engineers can easily take jobs with a good salary package.
- How much is your experience – we talked about it above. The more experience the candidate will have in his work, the better the job in the companies he will get and the better the salary will be.
- How are your skills – Apart from your engineering work, if you have some other skills, then it may also affect your salary. Like the project you are doing, or if you have done freelancing work, you attend conferences and workshops, etc.
- From which college you have done computer engineering – From which institute you have done your computer engineering, it also has a lot of importance in determining your salary. Your salary as a fresher depends a lot on your college apart from your knowledge and skills.
For example, CSE (computer science engineering) graduates from top colleges like IITs, NITs or even IIITs can get an average package of more than Rs 20 lakh per year.
We hope that you will like this “How to Get 50LPA Salary in Computer Science Engineering” information given by us. Please share this information further. If you have any question or suggestion related to this, then definitely let us know in the comment box.