The department focuses on the agricultural, food, forest and environmental sciences, as well as on technology and research. The faculty of agriculture and forestry is to promote the sustainable use of renewable natural resources through scientific research and research-based teaching. We cover the full natural resource chain from farm to work, the entire field of forest sciences from soil chemistry to marketing, as well as the environmental effects of related activities.
Our education is based on the development of India in field of natural sciences, economics and technology. With the present scenario, government’s focus is on agriculture and Forestry to develop the economy of Nation, because 80% of Indian economy relies on Agriculture and Forestry. Experts say that there will be more jobs available in agriculture and allied industries, than ever before. With the industry on the ascent, but with college students uninformed about the opportunities in this field there is an understandable shortage of talent in this field. Organic farming is an alternative agriculture system which deals with rapidly changing farming practices. It relies on fertilizers of organic origin such as compost manure from green manure, bone meal.
- B.Sc. (Agriculture)
- B.Sc. (Forestry)
Skill Enhancement Courses (SEC):
The college provides opportunities to every student minimum 15 days practical training at Govt. /Private renowned training centers. These are value based/skill-based courses aimed at providing hands-on-training, competencies, skills etc. These courses shall be chosen by candidates from a pool of courses. The courses are as here under:
- Mushroom Culture & Technology.
- Bio Fertilizer.
- Nursery & Gardening.
- Floriculture & Landscaping.
- Graphics & Designs.
- Basic Writing skill for Media.
- Advanced Legal Writing skill.
- Organic Farming.
- Agribusiness Management.
- Vertical Farming.
- Farm Automation
- Fruit and Vegetable Harvesting
- Precision Agriculture
- Spray Deposition on Tree Canopies
- Monitoring Biochemical Processes
- Cost Estimation
- Risk Analysis
- Research Papers Published in Refereed International Journals: 36
- Books and Manuals published in reputed publications: 08
- Online and offline Articles published on recent trends in Agricultural engineering: 13
- Dr. V. K. Vimal, Dr. Pushpendra Kumar and Raja Bhaiya (2019) Growth & Development of Vegetable Crops. Sankalp Publication Bilaspur-Chhattisgarh. (ISBN: 978-93-88660-51-8)
- Dr. Pushpendra Kumar, Satyendra Kumar and Veerendra Kumar (2019) Tomato. Books clinic Publication Bilaspur-Chhattisgarh. (ISBN: 978-93-88797-66-5)